Monday, February 25, 2013

Having a Toddler is NOT for the Short of Patience or the Faint of Heart

Bunnyworm is 2. She turned 2 on February 15th. She ate lots of cake, spent the night at her Granpa's, got to wear a motorcycle helmet, etc etc.

This is not about that. That was just to give you an idea of her age. And tell you she is loved.

So loved.

Daddybeast got up early for work, went to work, was told he wasn't supposed to be at work until this evening. He came home. I was still asleep.

He started  messing about in the kitchen and I woke up, got up, and started my day. Bunnyworm was being endearing and calling "RUUUUUUSSSSSSSSTYYY!" over and over again because she is 2 and her Gramma (my mom) has an orange cat (a very fat orange cat) named Rusty.

Rusty Bucket.
Bunnyworm's cat is the Wafflecat, so I corrected her, telling her "Rusty is Gramma's kitty, your kitty is named Waffles." That set off the "WAAAAAAAAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!" over and over and over.
Wafflecat

Then everything got quiet.

Too quiet.

Daddybeast had been making coffee in the kitchen when I woke up, and if you have raised a toddler you already know where this is going.



THE HORROR

This morning, instead of eating breakfast and leisurely drinking my sweet tea (coffee and I haven't gotten along since I was pregnant with Bunnyworm), I got to clean coffee grounds out of my daughters ears, nose, eyes, and hair. Daddybeast was beyond angry. He was so angry he just stood there and laughed. He told me to get my camera. So I did.

That sheet was new. It was clean. Bunnyworm's sippy cup leaked in the night and her old sheet was soaking wet with water so we put a clean dry one on. I took it outside and shook as much of the coffee out as I could. I just know it's going to stain.

Still, the only thought that went through my head when I saw this was "Thank god it's not poop."

No comments:

Post a Comment